Information for parents/guardians
14 October 2020 (by admin)
As promised, I have been looking at ways to be able to minimise the time lapse between different year groups starting and ending the school day. Below are proposals to try out next week however, I must emphasise, that this will only be a trial. If we feel that there are too many people on site at any one time or that parents are congregating together in groups and not socially distancing then we will revert back to the current arrangements.
Arriving at school:
• All year group doors will be open between 8.30 and 8.50am and children can come into school anytime during that time period. We are offering the flexibility to help those of you with children in different year groups. The school day will begin at 8.50am. All children must be in school by then.
• EYFS and KS1 children can be taken to their classroom doors as usual, with only one adult, where they will be met by a member of staff.
• KS2 children will be dropped off in the car park area and will make their way to their classroom doors. No adults will come onto the KS2 yard. A member of staff will be at the KS2 gates and staff will be at the year group doors to meet the children. Each year group will have their own entrance.
Y5 will enter through the Y5/6 double doors.
Y6 will enter through their classroom doors
Y4 will enter through their classroom doors
Y3 will enter through the Y3/4 double doors.
End of the day:
• Nursery, Y1, Y3 and Y5 will finish at 3.05pm. Nursery and Y1 will be collected by an adult from their classroom door. Y3 and Y5, who are being collected, will be brought to the car park area.
• Reception, Y2, Y4 and Y6 will finish at 3.15pm. Reception and Y2 will be collected by an adult from the Reception door or Y1/2 double doors. Y4 and Y6, who are being collected, will be brought to the car park area.
We will still continue with the one-way system around school. To avoid contact between KS2 children entering school and parents of EYFS and KS1 children leaving the premises, we would ask parents to leave by the boundary side of the KS2 yard exiting through the double gates and children to enter through the smaller pedestrian gate, staying nearest to the school building.
We would also ask that all parents wear a face covering whilst anywhere on the premises and arrive and leave the premises promptly. KS2 parents are asked to wait in the car park area socially distanced and not behind the barrier.
If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns about the proposed arrangements please get in touch with me by phone.